What are the Spheres? What do they do?
Every Unit can unlock different Skill Spheres or Stat Bonus Spheres by spending Zel directly on their Unit Details page. However, the maximum number of Spheres you can unlock is limited for every Unit, so choose wisely what you want to unlock.
How can I increase a Unit's maximum Spheres?
To increase a Unit's Sphere limit, you can fuse a duplicate of that Unit for a guaranteed +1 increase. Fusing a Burst Frog is also a guaranteed +1 increase. You also have a small chance of increasing your Sphere limit when fusing Units who belong to your Unit's Series (i.e. Harvesters with Brook, Lavender, Redwind, etc.), all sharing the same background art on their Unit Details page.
Can I reset the unlocked Spheres of a Unit to start over?
You can completely reset a Unit’s Skill Spheres with Zel:
- Scroll down in your Unit Detail Page’s list of Skill Spheres to find the "Remove spheres" Button.
- Resetting all Skill Spheres costs 5,000 Zel per unlocked Sphere.
- Every time you use this feature, all unlocked Skills are locked again (including initially unlocked Skill Spheres when the Unit was first obtained) and all your Sphere points are available to be re-spent elsewhere.
- You will still need to spend Zel to purchase Spheres you previously unlocked before the reset.
What are Spirits and Souls?
Spirits are monsters who can be summoned in battle by Units who have specific Skill Spheres. Similarly to how Units gain lots of experience by fusing Metal Units into them, Spirits can be leveled up by fusing Souls into them so they can evolve and have improved skills. However, unlike with your Units, Spirits do not gain experience in battle, they can only level up via fusion. To access that menu, go to your Unit section, tap on the swirl icon at the top, pick a Spirit and tap on the Fuse button.
How do I unlock more Roles for my Unit, and why should I do it?
Every time you obtain a Unit, it has 1 random Role unlocked out of 5 possible Roles. To unlock the other 4 Roles of that specific Unit, you will need to find 4 more duplicates of the same Unit and fuse them into the Unit that needs all Roles. Every fusion unlocks 1 random Role that you do not already have. For unique Units such as Brook, playing Memory missions unlocks new Roles.
With new Roles, you have access to new Skill Spheres to unlock for your Unit. With all 5 Roles, you can purchase the Ascend Skill Sphere which grants exceptional bonuses.
How do I evolve a Unit, and what does it do?
You must meet the following requirements to evolve a Unit:
- It needs to be at its maximum level (speed it up by playing the Metal Parade).
- You must possess all the required Karma and Crystals (speed it up by playing the Crystal Parade).
- For some Units, you must have finished the latest Memory mission from your Unit's Details page, or from Story Chapters.
When you evolve your Unit:
- It raises its rarity, which allows you to equip better weapons.
- It increases your maximum number of Spheres and gives you more Skill Spheres to unlock.
- It raises the maximum level of the Unit, allowing you to get even higher stats!
How do I use my Spirits in battle?
Spirits are a special attack like Brave Bursts. Some Units can unlock a Summon Skill for a particular Spirit (i.e. Redwind can use Phoenix). When in battle with such Units, a Spirit Summoning gauge will fill up. You can switch between Spirits on that gauge. When the gauge is full, you can swipe right on it to unleash the Spirit's attack, using up the turn of the Unit who has the Summon Skill for it. Spirits all have their own set of Skills you can unlock and improve, so don't forget to upgrade them!