How do I know how difficult a Dungeon is?
The difficulty of Story Mode missions will progressively increase as you complete each Act. Generally, the difficulty is proportional to the amount of Energy required. For all missions, Harvest, Challenge and Challenge+ Modes are always more difficulty than Story Mode. Some Story missions can suddenly dramatically increase the difficulty, so if you find yourself in a difficult spot, try replaying previous missions in other modes to unlock new rewards and improve your team!
What are Harvest, Challenge and Challenge+ Modes?
When you finish a Story Mode mission, you can replay it in 3 different modes, all of which are more difficult than the original:
- Harvest mode: Obtain the highest scores possible to unlock up to 3 gates of rewards. Scores are cumulative to unlock rewards, so you can replay Harvest mode missions as many times as it takes.
- Challenge mode: Face waves of very strong enemies to claim a special completion reward. We advise newcomers to first complete Story Mode for Chapter 1 before trying Challenge missions.
- Challenge+ mode: An even more difficult version of Challenge missions, with improved rewards. For high level players!
How many different buffs are there in the game?
There are lots of buffs to discover and experiment with, including Stats buff that increase some or all Stats of your Units, Dodge Rate buffs that give your team more chances of avoiding damage or even Interception buffs that give your team more chances of dealing damage when under attack! Experiment and discover them all with the community!
What are Interception, Block and Counter?
These are key elements of gameplay:
- Interception depends on where your Units are placed on the battlefield. It can automatically kick in when an enemy hits a close ally, prompting one or more of your Units to attack that enemy.
- Blocking depends on which Weapon you and your enemy have. It can automatically kick in when an enemy hits you, negating all damage.
- Counter also depends on which Weapon you and your enemy have. It can automatically kick in when an enemy hits you, causing damage to the enemy.
Note that Units will react differently depending on their weapon. For example, Archers can intercept wherever they are, but can't block or counter any attack.
How does Initiative work?
The Initiative Bonus is a value that depends on which Weapons the Units in your squad are using. Pick Weapons that have high Initiative to increase the speed of your squad! When facing enemies, the squad with the higher initiative will get to attack first, and might even attack several times before enemies can retaliate! Keep in mind that Weapons with high Initiative are often less powerful than the rest, so you'll have to find the right balance to get a fast team that hits hard!
Does the position of a Unit make any difference?
Before a fight, yes. When building your squad or army, make sure the middle spot is occupied by the Unit whose Leader Skill you want to activate. Furthermore, bonuses such as Interception, Block and Counter depend on the type of Weapon a Unit is using and their position on the battlefield. Experiment by tapping on your Units on the squad creation page and switching them around.